Thursday 26 July 2012

How To Pick The Perfect Knee High Boots

Today we're talking about what makes the perfect boot for YOU ....it's one thing to look good on Gwyneth Paltrow but I want boots that make me happy every time I put them on. Are you with me?

First of all, when shopping for knee high boots, think about whether you'll want to wear jean tucked into your boots? Knee high boots should fit fairly snugly around the top so, you'll definitely want a more roomy fit to allow for the bulk of the fabric to be tucked into the boot. When I'm about to go shopping for boots, I wear an outfit that I'd typically choose to go with my dream pair so that I can see how well trousers, for example, tuck in. If knee high boots are too tight then tucked-in jeans will act as a rather fetching tourniquet, cutting off all circulation to your feet...not good! Plus the excess material will bag up around your knee. Double whammy no-no.


Secondly, choose sturdy material for boot-longevity. Butter-soft leather may look gorgeous for the first couple of months but the shape of your feet will soon press through to create bulges in all the wrong places. Likewise, I always, always, always steer clear of faux leather. It has no give so, unless the boots are divinely comfortable on first fitting, that's the way they're gonna stay. Blisters a go-go. 

Finally, good quality boots can last and last so choose classic styles that won't date. My absolute favourite boot-style is knee high with some kind of buckle details. Despite owning more than enough boots of this look, I cannot resist ogling more...such is the depths of my boot-yearnings. In fact, next up is my top ten booty-licious picks that I'll be sharing shortly...

What is it that makes your favourite pair of knee high boots perfect for you?


Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





9 comments :

AliBlahBlah said...

I manage to wear my knee-high brown leather riding boats most days even during our Southern California summer - they are the perfect complement to a dress or skirt, and with two little girls to run around after they are entirely practical too.

I'm always at a loss when the zip goes though - no-one here fixes zips anymore, and it's pretty much impossible to find a cobbler!!

Skylette from Sequins & Stilettos said...

Oh I was just going to ask you to share your picks so I'm anxiously awaiting what you are loving. I'm ready to invest in a great pair of boots!!!

Anonymous said...

I have a boot collection!! It's my dirty little secret :)
I always buy in the sales and last year bought 3 pairs of Ralph Lauren boots in various colours and designs, which are my pride and joy.

Nicole

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

3 pairs of Ralph Lauren boots? Oh, you lucky thing!!

Mmmm....I feel the green-eyed monster rearing its head!

Sarahx

Jo said...

I bought my boots over a year ago, and they're still my absolute favourite footwear. I second the No Faux rule! Mine are the the first pair of real leather anything I've owned, and I love them. Style-wise they're slouchy city-girl cowboy boots in medium brown.

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Hey sweet neighbor ... did you write this post just for me? (since I said I need to buy cute boots and have never owned any.)

Thanks for the help ... I need it.

fondly,
Glenda

Lydia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lydia said...

My daughter-in-law wears a pair of Ralph Lauren Sabela style boots to work every day. A stylist Jose`Eber salon in Beverly Hills, Shannon must be stylish and comfortable on her feet throughout the day. I adore these boots almost as much as I do her. But not quite- how she carries herself elevates the boots.

Heaven's Walk said...

Oh how I love my tall boots, Sarah! Although when purchasing them for MY legs, I need to find some that have more room in the calf area since I wasn't blessed with skinny legs. lol! But they're out there and 4 pair are waiting in my closet for the autumn and winter months ahead. :)

xoxo laurie

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10