Tuesday 14 January 2014

The Howard Sofa: A Modern Country Classic

I recently received this request for help...

Dear Sarah,
We are at last contemplating buying 2 new sofas and ditching our 19 and 25 year olds! Oh the joy! But what style to go for? Not leather, classic to last another 20 years, but modern to fit in with my dream house, that hopefully we will find in 2014. As yet I haven't found one that features some gorgeous, comfy, but modern country styles! Please help!! Cindyx

You're in luck! I know just the ticket....


I have three words for you, Cindy: The Howard Sofa....

The Howard Sofa from The Sofa and Chair Company

...uber-stylish but completely timeless; 

Symons Sofa | The White Company

I will never, in a gazillion years, get bored with this look. Mainly because with the Howard sofa, there isn't really one look. By picking carefully with your upholstery fabric, you can go be a thoroughly Modern Miss....


or a cosy comfy Country chick...


Howard sofas strike the perfect balance between gorgeous looks and utter practicality. They are large. They are inviting. And they are super-squishy. Perfect for snuggling up on these cold January days, with a blanket, a favourite magazine and a big mug of something delcious.


The Howard sofa manages to embody reassuring chunkiness with curvaceous elegance, making it a Modern Country design classic.


However, do be reassured that it is A. Good. Thing. to be cautious about buying big items. These are pieces that will need to last you for years and years and years. Take the time to get it right and you will be smiling contentedly every time you kick back and flop into the soft, welcoming embrace of your chosen sofa. 

Good luck!


Images via: South Shore Decorating, The Sofa and Chair Company, The White Company, unkown, unknown, Beach Comber, Abigail Ahern

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





14 comments :

Unknown said...

Fabric.just like paint, makes a huge difference in changing the look of something. Love the Howard sofa!! Have a great day!

Susan @ The Collected Cottage said...

I agree, my most favorite sofa EVER!!! Beautiful pics! I sometimes find it listed under The English Rollarm here in the states.

The Old Cupboard Door said...

A timely post to read. I am also in the market for a new sofa and this style is perfect. Thanks

~willa~

Shelly Wildman said...

Oh my goodness! I have almost that exact sofa and chair in my living room. I knew I liked you, Sarah! :)

PamLuvsPink said...

Hi Sarah!!!

Great picks!!! I fell in LOVE with the fuchsia/PINK chair and the blue and white stripped chair/sofa!!!

Thank you so much for showing me/us these elegant looking sofas!!!

Pam

Choice Custom Home said...

Hi, really very Nice and Wonderful love useful Blog Post. Thanks for sharing this interesting post.
Classic Sofas Furniture Central Florida

Tech IT Solutions said...

nice

Choice Custom Home said...

Feel the incredible quality of classic and modern style sofa furniture when visiting Choice Custom Home in Orlando, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, South & Central Florida FL. Make a statement in your living room with this unique collection. Visit us now!
Classic Sofas South Florida

Muhammad Hassan said...

Excellent website! I adore how it is easy on my eyes it is. I am questioning how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. Looking for more new updates. Have a great day! noithatkenli.vn

Nội thất Phan Gia said...

it's the great post! thanks for sharing this information.
sofa cao cap nhap khau

Unknown said...

bàn ăn iris  sofa da thật iris , bàn trà iris , kệ tivi iris

Soniya Sharma said...

If you are looking Fabric Sofa Online. So you can buy from Gulmohar Lane collection. They provide affordable price.

Nội thất Phan Gia said...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1rGTIMpWsL1ZZ-nyADi4nByeyAGuXkEqX

John Albert said...

Your web blogs make me feel so good and energetic. They are like a dose of happiness for me. Pink Ladies Jacket

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10