Thursday 28 January 2016

Belgian Style Living Room

I can bear it no longer. I'm afraid I'm going to have to take you for a very pleasant foray into Belgian Style. The Belgian Style look fits into so much of what I love in Modern Country Living Rooms that I feel it would be positively rude not to.

My plan is to break down Belgian Style into four or five essential elements to see what will work for me tucked into my little corner of England, and what is best left to show homes and magazines.

☆:

I don't think I've mentioned it for a little while but we have five very lovely but sometimes sticky-fingered children, so white fixed covers sofas are always going to be a no-no, no matter how alluring they look in the photos!

I'm asking for the whole shebang for our living room, you see. I want good-looking and hard-wearing. And where better to start than Belgian Style?


Image via:

Enter your email address:

to subscribe to Modern Country Style





4 comments :

Unknown said...

Luvly Indeed! We have always had slip covered furniture... 2 sets and they pop in the wash beautifully. Sticky fingered children and a dog live here :)

MyLittleBlueDog said...

I think you exaggerate, they can't really be sticky fingered. I would go for the style you want. Children are extremely adaptable and it is good for them to be disciplined about washing their hands and being considerate of other peoples things. Good training in fact. I am sure you are selling your children short and that you would be surprised.

Kathleen said...

Oh my, I read the last comment very fast at first I thought it said..... I'm sure you're selling your children....Hahahaha. I've had slip overs for years too. I love them. Just wish the last time I followed my heart and wasn't quite so practical with the choice of fabric. I can't wait to see your analysis of Belgium style.

Unknown said...

Can't wait. I love Belgian country.

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
01 09 10